hmm
Ok, a: I can't believe I haven't posted in this long, b: I can't believe the last post was about the Jewish soul singer. That is so '06. I still like him, but I don't want to click on this blog and see his name.
So, I got a new job! Not super glamorous or anything, but it pays my bills, gets me out of the house, and lets me breathe again. It was a really rough year, and I'm glad that I was able to start making big decisions and acting upon them. It's time that I start living my life. Baby steps, sure, but it's happening!
Anyway, I am now a peak-time bank teller. Nice hours, good payrate. I'm starting to know the customers much better, so that's making life easier. I beg of everyone though, when the bank asks for your ID, don't argue! This is your money we're talking about here!! Ok, so you've been banking here for eons. If you just let me get to know who you are through that little plastic card once or twice, I will never bug you for it again. And I'm sorry if I don't have a photographic image of who you are in my mind right away. Sheesh.
I've been getting up to the city more, and it's glorious. I've even gotten to know my hometown city a little better thanks to training in June. That's a huge deal, as I kinda hate my native city. But NYC? Ah, bliss. That's probably because I haven't ever driven there, heh. Anyway, I haven't seen a show since June, but I've been enjoying seeing friends, and this fall is going to be crazy busy. I kinda love it!
The American Idol concert is next week (LATE this year!), and I kinda don't care. Isn't that crazy? The tryouts are going on right now, and I'm kind of regretting not going to get a glimpse of my beloved Seacrest, but oh well. One day....one day. Maybe I'll change my mind about the concert next week. They just better get a damn better cast this year. Blake was my favorite after my underdogs Phil and Gina left (and he's the only one I listen to on my iPod), but it's not enough to get me squeeing out of my head.
The new pilot season sounds pretty spiffy though! I'm especially looking forward to Dirty Sexy Money, Big Shots, Private Practice only so my Kate Walsh crush can fly free, and Pushing Daisies. I'll give Moonlight a shot because of Jason Dohring (and it'll probably only last 3 eps), and I'll end up seeing bits of Cane because my mom is obsessed with Jimmy Smits. Lately I've been catching up on The L Word, and I like it a lot. I really want to watch Bones in its entirety at some point, and I need to finish Dexter. Entourage is almost done, meaning that Weeds is back, yay! Californication isn't bad. I need to catch up on Netflix shows, but who knows how long that's going to take.
My already established DVR priorities are as follows:
Monday
How I Met Your Mother
Heroes
Weeds (cable)
Californication (cable)
Dancing With the Stars (fall/winter)
Tuesday
House
American Idol (winter/spring)
Wednesday
Top Chef (summer/fall)
So You Think You Can Dance (summer)
Thursday
The Office!
Smallville
Ugly Betty
Scrubs
Grey's Anatomy
ER
Friday
Saturday
SNL
Sunday
Desperate Housewives
Dexter (cable)
Entourage (cable)
Family Guy
We'll see what else gets filled in. And yes, I'm a big loser, why do you ask? Besides, it's just Monday, Thursday, and Sunday that are the packed days...for now....
Well, now that I've shown that I really don't have an exciting life, I might as well wrap this shit up right now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home